October 23, 2010

Chrome Box Breaks

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. Been busy with work and doing work around the house. The Reds getting no-hit then ultimately swept out of the playoffs didn't help my desire to post anything Reds or sports related for that matter. I have been up to a few things card related lately though.

I pre-ordered two boxes of chrome baseball earlier in the spring/summer time. Mistake. The price has dropped about $20 per box since then. Oh well. Here's a bit of irony for ya; the same day I received my two boxes of chrome, I got my Mike Leake TTM auto attempt back. Notice I said attempt. Instead of sending my Ginter card back he sent a Mike Leake brand baseball card complete with a facsimile autograph. He must have needed my Ginter card or something. The irony part of this is one of the autos out of my chrome box was a redemption for a Mike Leake base auto. Not a refractor. I've seen his base autos on Ebay. I got a redemption. So two chances to have a Mike Leake auto in one day and I got anything but. Hey, i'm glad it's a Red, and I like Leake (minus the whole stealing my baseball card thing) but come on. I also got autos of Austin Jackson, Ike Davis, and someone who probably doesn't matter. I got a Scott Kazmir Heritage Black Refractor that got caught in the pack sealing crimper machine thing...great. I'm not even going to get it replaced because I don't care. It's not too bad so if someone wants it, leave a comment and i'll mail it to you for a Mike Leake Ginter card. Or nothing at all, I don't care.

Now the fun part. 2010 Topps Chrome Football. I typed it all out because I love this set. I liked the regular cards when they came out but the chrome is soooo much better. I originally bought two boxes; one for me and one for my brother. I opened them both so I had to order two more. One for me and one for my brother (which I did seal up in a box to ship so I didn't open it). The first two boxes were ok base wise. Standard number of refractors and one Red refractor of Beanie Wells (which is on Ebay). I got two great autos though. CJ Spiller and Dexter McCluster. The third box was about the same base wise. I got a red refractor of Ray Lewis (which is also on Ebay). The auto was...wait for it..........John Skelton. Awesome. But, it's cool. I'm actually collecting the autos for this set. Whether I finish it out when it comes time to Tebow and Bradford has yet to be determined. My hope is that my brother will get a pretty good box with a Best or Suh auto, we'll see. And if anyone is wondering, CJ Spiller would have been his. Sorry Chris.

I guess that's about it. I've been selling a butt load of cards on Ebay as part of my purge of cards I don't care about any more. I'm not breaking the bank but I've got a nice little pile in paypal now.

I've still got two team lots to send out which i've been slacking on. The Dodgers for Night Owl, and every other team for Smed's Cards. I hope to get those out this coming week. The post office loves me right now. Luckily I have an unusually quick and unbusy post office where I live compared to every single other one I've been in.

I ganked these picks off of Ebay since I'm at work. I'm pretty sure my C.J. auto looks better but I have to say, I've noticed a lack of effort on a lot of these autos this year. However, they look 1,000% better than the baseball on-card autos which is strange.

**Side Notes: I'm adding John Conner as a player I collect now. Jets FB from Kentucky. I've also added a link to my ebay page on the right over there. Don't be alarmed, there's a couple Buy It Now's that are priced pretty high. That's because I really don't care if I sell them or not but I would take that much money over having the card itself. That is all.