September 15, 2010

Team Lot Return Package # 4

The next package I received was from Ryan over at O No!!! Another Orioles Blog. He sent a smaller box but it was loaded with newer Reds which was great. There were a lot of Larkins and Griffeys which is always a good thing. There were a lot of the current guys too like Votto, Bruce, Volquez, Cueto, and Arroyo. It was hard to pick three cards from this lot because there were a lot of parallels and chrome.

The Larkin below is a refractor like UD3 card. I'm not familiar with this set at all. That's the great thing about these trades, i'm getting to see a lot of different sets that I haven't seen yet. As everyone knows there were so many sets from the mid 90's up until last year. Some sucked but some were really cool. I love the plastic see through EX cards. Usually I have to look through COMC to find new cards but this is a lot easier.

The Phillips relic is an error card of sorts. The back of the card is for a Ryan Braun relic card. The Aroldis Chapman card speaks for itself. It was very nice of Ryan to include a card that's already priced at $10-20 with potential for more. I'd really like a Chapman auto but don't really feel like paying today's prices so I sent a card out in the mail to him and Leake. We'll see if they get returned or not which will definately be another post.

Check out Ryan's blog, it's a good one, especially if you're an Orioles fan.

2 comments:

Charles @ Hoopography said...

I love the UD3 cards of the late 90's. They had some great inserts and awesome on-card auto's!!!

Lonestarr said...

UD3 cards are freakin' amazing. I'd collect every set from every year from every sport they made them for if I could. Some of the greatest cards ever made. :D