February 17, 2010

Birthday Box Breaks

Today is my birthday so I went to the card shop and spent more than I should have on some hobby boxes. One box of '09 Bowman Draft, one box of '08 Chrome, one box of '07 Chrome, one box of '02 Chrome series II, and they threw in a box of '99 Finest since I spent quite a bit (all baseball). The '99 Finest gave me two Split Screen refractor cards (Griffey/Rodriguez) and (McGwire/Sosa). The '02 Chrome gave me a Mauer RC, a Harden RC, and a Felipe Lopez black refractor. The '07 and '08 Chrome autos sucked and all four could have been had for about $15 on CheckOutMyCards, but the Bowman produced one of the best pulls I've had yet. It's an orange refractor auto #'d/25 of the Red Sox first round pick Reymond Fuentes. He just turned 19 and is Carlos Beltran's cousin. I think I'll have to hold this for a couple years until it hits max value.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Forgot to mention, the Bowman also gave me a second auto, Matt Hobgood (Orioles prospect). I should have just bought four boxes of the Bowman I guess.