January 30, 2010

2010 Topps

So 2010 Topps baseball is out and i've bought one hobby box and one blaster box at Target. The hobby box was fun to rip and i'm pretty sure I got the best relic hit you can get. That's right, Jody Gerut bat relic. Jody. Gerut. bat.. Besides the fact that this is the base product and there is no chrome for another 9 months probably, it wasn't bad. There are a lot of insert cards, some interesting, some not. I got one #'d /50 black parallel card of Brandon Flowers.

The blaster pack was strange as three of the packs had an old style cardboard back vs. the glossy type back. I'm guessing this is a Target variation but strange none the less. Nothing really to speak of besides a Roger Maris variation card.

I bought a blister pack of Bowman draft and got an Aroldis Chapman chrome and a purple (purple?) refractor of some rookie. I've never heard of him, it's not his first card, and the purples are apparently not awesome enough to number so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention.

Four blister packs of 2009-2010 Topps basketball yielded zero chrome cards but two base Brandon Jennings of which I now have four.

No comments: